Enlightenment freeze and stop responding. When the issue happens I can move the cursor (only move) and switch to a console (vt) but Enlightenment is frozen.
The freeze usually happens when invoking the Everything launcher (Alt+Esc) a few times consecutively (around 1~10 times) or using the filemanager. But sometimes it freezes just using the enlightenment interface, like configuring the panels. I couldn't reproduce it if I disable all the modules in: utilities, system, files and launcher sections.
FreeBSD 10.1-RELEASE EFL: 1.15.0 Elementary: 1.15.0 E: 0.19.8
What I tried:
- Remove ~/.e and ~/.elementary
- Different machines:
- cpu i7-3770s with intel HD graphics 4000
- cpu c2d U7500 with intel 945GM
- cpu Q8200 with ati card
- Disable composite effects and OpenGL in initial wizard.
- Compile EFL with SDL instead of OpenGL
- FreeBSD 11-CURRENT
- .xinitrc with export EINA_CPU_FAKE=1 and -nopause arg to enlightenment_start usually make X crash (most times segmentation fault) instead of freeze.