IBar only shows EFL apps
IBox shows no apps ---> Pardon me, IBox works fine.
IBar only shows EFL apps
hi I am not about the icons. I dont see ty icon either, but the blue dot is there. Unlike with other apps.
Not sure what you asking about :)
icons in evry are very scarce.
I use default theme
.cache/efreet/ is filled with some stuff, but these could be old. Oh no they're not.
not sure how this could be the same issue since in simotek's bug there seem to be placeholders - blue dots - but just the icons are missing, while in my case IBar doesn't see the applications at all, save for terminology....? but I'll try installing fresh config and git on my other laptop to see whether it be the same
hi indeed I think these are separate issues as I had simotek's bug on one of my laptops too, but not on the other.
issues as I can reproduce them using fresh e git install and config, under Arch:
- at some point soon after clean install our new right-click-menu (comprising of Gadget>, Shelf> and Begin Moving Gadgets) is replaced by the old cluttered one. But I couldn't figure when.
- Applications> submenu is indeed short in supply after E boots. Restarting E populates it correctly. Alas, only few apps have icons. These are l3afpad, ephoto, htop, emixer and others from E, file managers, and that's it. Ty has no icon, but I'm blaming git. The icons mentioned above are also the only one shown by IBar.
- As window remembers have not been too reliable, I had resorted to creating custom .desktop files using lines like below Exec=enlightenment_remote -desktop-show 0 1 && geany --no-ctags %F & This has worked fine in e20 but now the final & is evil to IBar, meaning it prevents IBar from seeing the window. On the other hand, without & the line does not work coz it indeed flips the desktop but the apps (Geany) appear in the old one. I tried workarouns like scripts, sleep, && but to no avail.
- So aside from showing hardly any icons, IBar does see most of the windows (save E windows and efm) if the apps are run from menu. It regularly fails thou, when apps are run from other apps. E.g terminology->pcmanfm-qt, terminology->ephoto, pcmanfm-qt->l3afpad,ephoto,rage,mpv. However pcmanfm->smplayer works fine (save the icon of course).
- IBar yearned for a rewrite for ages now, and I beleive everyone knows how unreliable it is. It mixes up apps and icons, puts two unrelated apps under same icon, fails to display icons, fails to see windows at all - file managers, efm and E internal windows being most notorious.