From elm_entry to our new efl_ui_text, it changes its Edje group when ever its properties are changed.
As you can see, there are group names in "_efl_ui_text_theme_group_get()" which are used for changing Edje group.
To customize theme for elm_entry or efl_ui_text, we need to customize whole groups.
(ex. elm/entry/base-single/default, elm/entry/base-charwrap/default, elm/entry/base/default and etc)
- It is hard to understand/find out every group names which are used in elm_entry or efl_ui_text.
- It is a waste of memory for loading additional Edje's groups.
- It is bad for performance same as _style_set() function.
So, I want to suggest the following things to improve simplicity of customization and better performance.
- Use only one Edje's group for default elm_entry or efl_ui_text. (ex. elm/entry/base/default)
- Allows to change elm.text part's properties.
- line wrap
- size calculation rule (ex. description.text.min, description.text.max) for satisfying the above two things.
- Allows to control size calculation rule by developer explicitly. Currently, the following things are only controllable by modifying/customizing its theme. It's an annoying work.
- Horizontally/Vertically expandable.
- Horizontally/Vertically not expandable with ellipsis or scroll.
- Horizontally/Vertically expandable till reach to the given max limits.
- Allows the interface for satisfying above requirements to other widgets which have text parts.