We will need to move legacy APIs away from .eo files used for modern APIs, either into manual headers, a dedicated frozen copy of Eolian or some other means. @stephenmhouston was working on finding out what to do. It is currently not yet fully decided, but keep track of it anyway.
The current plan for this seems to be as follows:
- locally modify eolian to output legacy-only code/headers with legacy-specific filenames
- add void statements for eo events to force renaming in legacy code when eo event names change
- add output files to git+build
- remove legacy from eo files
- remove legacy from eolian