These are the remaining issues detected with the current version of edocgen.
The output can be found at the playground.
Links in the playground will take you to the online docs under /develop/, so here are a few direct playground links for your convenience:
A class: https://www.enlightenment.org/playground/api/efl/ui/box
A method: https://www.enlightenment.org/playground/api/efl/ui/box/method/pack_after
A property: https://www.enlightenment.org/playground/api/efl/ui/box/property/homogeneous
The above docs have been generated with D10318 applied, which is still being discussed.
- Allow generating documentation only for stable (non-beta) classes. Beta classes should be removed from the listings, and any reference to them should be rendered with grayed-out text (instead of a link) followed by this text: (object still in beta stage).
- Classes should only list their own members in the Members section, all inherited members should be listed in the Inherited section. Documentation in the implements section in EO files (seldom used) can be appended to the summary in the Inherited section.
- Method, Property, Event, Alias, Struct... pages are lacking a title header. D10318 handles Properties and Methods but the others are still missing.
- Right now there is this short version of "Inheritance" that starts with the parent class. I think it would be nice to have there as well the list of interfaces and mixins that are directly inherited, just with a link so you can click on it.
- Make the inherited sections collapsable
- The Members are kind of very "short" if this list gets shorter due to bullet point 2, we could make something that is a little bit more "verbose" telling what the members are etc.
- The Titles in the property view could get links to jump back to the widget they are on.
- The idea from k-s http://i.imgur.com/EINws0S.png to have something like "C usage" also looks very very nice, maybe something to consider ? -- @q66: this was already done before