Brace yourselves, because this update is hotter than the sand and bigger than the ocean. The second step in the only release process that will be longer than E17 and Duke Nukem 3D combined, The E19 Release Cycle, improves upon the glory of the momentous first step in a number of ways. Most notable of these effervescent changes:
- Numerous translation updates and fixes
- Greatly improved HiDPI support
- Improved detection capabilities when playing hide-n-seek with application windows
- Improved Applications menu generation
- Completely unaltered NEWS file for fans of the previous release
- Wallpaper2 module removed from tree
- Various filemanager operations will no longer trigger crashes...maybe
- Edge bindings can now be given the same amount of trust and responsibility as an average five year old
- Battery popups no longer attempt to take over the user's current session by use of excessive event interception
- Unnecessary error messages no longer appear in logs
- SPF now rated at 32
As always, stay tuned to the latest infrequent E updates on the release blog.
|Enlightenment DR 0.19.0 "Battery Dominator" ALPHA2 GZIP||b0be91e1e6282658671280d5ccf77aa80a0bfa19475d8384adf64d1c10184633|
|Enlightenment DR 0.19.0 "Battery Dominator" ALPHA2 BZIP2||51d2bb4d7317925f0fe42f9002524a1815edf3f13bbc5a719a99c907f23dcbfc|
Disclaimer: Enlightenment developers cannot be responsible for any successes which occur during testing of E19.
Building and Dependencies
If you have an existing EFL or Elementary install, you may wish to delete its header files and libraries before compiling and installing to avoid possible conflicts during compilation. Please compile the dependencies in the following order (click for README):
Note: E19 depends on EFL v1.10 or newer.
Below are links to the project pages for each of the dependencies: