In an incredibly bold and unforeseen turn of events, The E19 Release Cycle has skipped the beta series of releases and jumped straight from alphas to release candidates. This extreme display of showboating has release managers all over the world shaking their heads, but none of the referees appear willing to hand out cards on this play.
Notable changes since the last release include:
- Numerous translation updates and fixes
- Wayland compositor rewritten/overhauled by Chris "@devilhorns" Michael, who was last seen on the sidelines muttering vague, threatening statements concerning pointers and drag-n-drop operations
- Reduced memory footprint
- Reduced rendering complexity
- Reduced code size
- Supports running Wayland Clients inside X11 session
- Supports wl_shell and xdg_shell protocols
- xdg_shell requires wayland 1.6 (pending release)
- Preliminary support for running Enlightenment Wayland standalone
- No X11 required t run wayland clients
- Does not Yet handle X11 applications (xwayland support pending, stop looking at my branches)
- Still considered unstable (ymmv, it may crash, delete C:\System32, etc)
- Tiling usability improvements from @tasn
- Teamwork bug fixes
- Greatly improved systray handling when using fullscreen windows
- Pager16 module promoted to Pager
- Quickaccess module now more reliable across restarts
- Ibar menu now fails less frequently
- Even more translation updates and fixes
- Various crashes no longer crash as hard thanks to @huchi
As always, stay tuned to the latest infrequent E updates on the release blog.
|Enlightenment DR 0.19.0 "Whose Release Is It Anyway?" RC3 GZIP||82397de8e30ac13eff9a2ca3aeeda4b63599d8f5245cc20e68d4ac5bf9e4f505|
|Enlightenment DR 0.19.0 "Whose Release Is It Anyway?" RC3 BZIP2||bc11189bdcb285886684f1a23c91aa7eb06d8e4e3ed19d1e4041074ff8fc47cc|
Disclaimer: Enlightenment developers cannot be responsible for any successes which occur during testing of E19.
Building and Dependencies
If you have an existing EFL or Elementary install, you may wish to delete its header files and libraries before compiling and installing to avoid possible conflicts during compilation. Please compile the dependencies in the following order (click for README):
Note: E19 depends on EFL v1.11 or newer.
Below are links to the project pages for each of the dependencies: