The E19 Release Cycle has concluded. Thanks to everyone who helped along the way.
Major changes since the last stable release include:
- greatly improved wayland support
- E_WL_FORCE environment variable for forcing output types
- e_uuid_store: Add infrastructure to store window/surface properties.
- Add a tiling profile.
- per-screen desklock logo visibility config
- Tiling: Merge the tiling module rework..
- check udisks1 DevicePresentationHide flag
- ACTIVATE_EXCLUDE window active hint policy
- show video resolution in filepreview widget
- add fileman option to clamp video size for video previews
- handle xrandr backlight using a single, accurate handler
- blanking options for wakeup on events (urgent + notify)
- packagekit module for package manager integration
- ibar now optionaly triggers its menu on mouse in
- selective redirection toggling
- new focus option "raise on revert focus"
- add PIN-style desklock for lokker module
- make desklock hookable, break out current desklock into module, move pam stuff to separate file
- revive personal desklock passwords
- allow moveresize visuals to be replaced
- allow desk flip animations to be handled completely externally
- E16-style live pager returns!
- comp config is no longer a module
- E_FIRST_FRAME env variable
- new compositor API
- add E_MODULE_SRC_PATH for setting current module src path without needing to install modules
- use non-recursive makefiles for entire build system
- filemanager popups no longer span multiple monitors
- system operations no longer dim screen until action has begun
- window stacking and focus restore is more accurate across restarts
- gstreamer1 is now used for media previews
- improved multiple monitor setup reliability
- shaped windows now render more accurately
As always, stay tuned to the latest infrequent E updates on the release blog.
|Enlightenment DR 0.19.0 GZIP||30a5633be43a9bb33ce397afe0870511e7b148ea9c1f1a8536818354c20f2e31|
|Enlightenment DR 0.19.0 BZIP2||5fdd685ad2643a1e2fd8bc2b687923170c932e119b0f2d24cbb09b5867916d4b|
|Enlightenment DR 0.19.0 XZ||d7751ae73b6806c487da2438261546f28fbce25f6102002092500c55f9433a35|
Disclaimer: Enlightenment developers cannot be responsible for any successes which occur during testing of E19.
Building and Dependencies
If you have an existing EFL or Elementary install, you may wish to delete its header files and libraries before compiling and installing to avoid possible conflicts during compilation. Please compile the dependencies in the following order (click for README):
Note: E19 depends on EFL v1.11 or newer.
Below are links to the project pages for each of the dependencies: