Page MenuHomePhabricator

efl: release teamProject
ActivePublic

Watchers

  • This project does not have any watchers.

Details

Description

Items related to EFL releases

Recent Activity

Apr 10 2019

zmike edited projects for T7329: Document the release process on the Enlightenment site, added: efl (efl-1.23); removed efl (efl-1.22).
Apr 10 2019, 5:01 AM · efl (efl-1.23), efl: docs, efl: release team
zmike closed T7169: Create release plan as Resolved.
Apr 10 2019, 4:57 AM · efl: release team, efl (efl-1.22)
zmike closed T7623: 1.22 release as Resolved.
Apr 10 2019, 4:56 AM · efl (efl-1.22), efl: release team
zmike closed T7624: triage tasks as Resolved.
Apr 10 2019, 4:56 AM · efl (efl-1.22), efl: release team
zmike closed T7624: triage tasks, a subtask of T7623: 1.22 release, as Resolved.
Apr 10 2019, 4:56 AM · efl (efl-1.22), efl: release team
zmike closed T7625: write unit tests as Resolved.
Apr 10 2019, 4:56 AM · Restricted Project, efl (efl-1.22), efl: release team
zmike closed T7625: write unit tests, a subtask of T7623: 1.22 release, as Resolved.
Apr 10 2019, 4:56 AM · efl (efl-1.22), efl: release team

Jan 11 2019

zmike added a comment to T7623: 1.22 release.

Let's add more subtasks here whenever we think of anything release-related that needs doing which isn't directly related to any specific code.

Jan 11 2019, 12:28 PM · efl (efl-1.22), efl: release team
zmike triaged T7625: write unit tests as TODO priority.
Jan 11 2019, 12:27 PM · Restricted Project, efl (efl-1.22), efl: release team
zmike triaged T7624: triage tasks as TODO priority.
Jan 11 2019, 12:26 PM · efl (efl-1.22), efl: release team
zmike added a project to T7623: 1.22 release: efl (efl-1.22).
Jan 11 2019, 12:20 PM · efl (efl-1.22), efl: release team
zmike triaged T7623: 1.22 release as TODO priority.
Jan 11 2019, 12:20 PM · efl (efl-1.22), efl: release team

Dec 7 2018

segfaultxavi lowered the priority of T7329: Document the release process on the Enlightenment site from High to Wishlist.
Dec 7 2018, 5:03 AM · efl (efl-1.23), efl: docs, efl: release team

Aug 22 2018

indefini added a comment to T7169: Create release plan.

I may I have missed something since then but there had been irc meetings that decided some things and left some other for discussion.
https://phab.enlightenment.org/T6740
I think it was said that voting was only when there was no consensus.
Now I think it is okay to change things but the most efficient way to do it would be to do another irc meeting.
First take the report of the last irc meeting and rise points that you want to be discussed in the meeting.

Aug 22 2018, 12:44 AM · efl: release team, efl (efl-1.22)

Aug 21 2018

bu5hm4n added a comment to T7169: Create release plan.

I agree with @simotek. If someone has a problem with a proposel, he can just commicate via the ticket and sort things out, sounds also a bit more structured than the vote.

Aug 21 2018, 11:39 PM · efl: release team, efl (efl-1.22)
simotek added a comment to T7169: Create release plan.

I also don't think the vote are necessary unless we get to a point where we can't come to a clear consensus while discussing an issue, at that point we can just open a yes/no vote on that one item, I think that would also be less confusing.

Aug 21 2018, 11:22 PM · efl: release team, efl (efl-1.22)
zmike updated subscribers of T7169: Create release plan.
Aug 21 2018, 2:39 PM · efl: release team, efl (efl-1.22)
zmike added a comment to T7169: Create release plan.

After some discussion on IRC, it seems some people have issues related to the voting process. An idea to improve this could be something like:

Aug 21 2018, 2:39 PM · efl: release team, efl (efl-1.22)
segfaultxavi added a comment to T7329: Document the release process on the Enlightenment site.

I have described these tags in the text: https://www.enlightenment.org/playground/release-cycle.md

Aug 21 2018, 2:46 AM · efl (efl-1.23), efl: docs, efl: release team

Aug 20 2018

zmike added a comment to T7329: Document the release process on the Enlightenment site.

The creator of the proposal must add work proposal (and efl or efl subproject tags) in order for the proposal to be visible.

Aug 20 2018, 11:54 AM · efl (efl-1.23), efl: docs, efl: release team
segfaultxavi added a comment to T7329: Document the release process on the Enlightenment site.

Are these tags automatically added by some phab rule, or is that something that the proposal creator has to handle?

Aug 20 2018, 11:48 AM · efl (efl-1.23), efl: docs, efl: release team
zmike added a comment to T7329: Document the release process on the Enlightenment site.

I've added Voting work proposal Active Work Proposal which should be documented.

Aug 20 2018, 9:34 AM · efl (efl-1.23), efl: docs, efl: release team
segfaultxavi updated subscribers of T7329: Document the release process on the Enlightenment site.

Initial draft here (not public yet):
https://www.enlightenment.org/playground/release-cycle.md

Aug 20 2018, 9:24 AM · efl (efl-1.23), efl: docs, efl: release team
zmike closed T7283: Which feature proposals are you opposed to during the next development cycle? as Resolved.

Voting is now ended for this proposal period.

Aug 20 2018, 5:02 AM · major change, efl: release team, efl (efl-1.22)
segfaultxavi triaged T7329: Document the release process on the Enlightenment site as High priority.
Aug 20 2018, 4:59 AM · efl (efl-1.23), efl: docs, efl: release team

Aug 17 2018

raster added a comment to T7283: Which feature proposals are you opposed to during the next development cycle?.

this is a bit of a problem as you can vote only for 1 item...

Aug 17 2018, 6:59 PM · major change, efl: release team, efl (efl-1.22)
zmike triaged T7315: stable release planning as TODO priority.
Aug 17 2018, 6:11 AM · efl: release team

Aug 16 2018

simotek added a member for efl: release team: simotek.
Aug 16 2018, 12:31 AM

Aug 13 2018

zmike added a comment to T7283: Which feature proposals are you opposed to during the next development cycle?.

You cannot. The proposal window is closed for this round of voting. 5 weeks from now there will be a second round of voting to include additional features which are proposed at that time.

Aug 13 2018, 10:46 AM · major change, efl: release team, efl (efl-1.22)
felipealmeida added a comment to T7283: Which feature proposals are you opposed to during the next development cycle?.

How do I add items to the voting?

Aug 13 2018, 10:40 AM · major change, efl: release team, efl (efl-1.22)
zmike added a comment to T7283: Which feature proposals are you opposed to during the next development cycle?.

The difference in perspective shapes how people will respond. With this approach we are by default assuming that all proposals are good and will be accepted, and people must put work into rejecting them if they have strong feelings.

Aug 13 2018, 7:17 AM · major change, efl: release team, efl (efl-1.22)
segfaultxavi added a comment to T7283: Which feature proposals are you opposed to during the next development cycle?.

Also, maybe it's too late for asking this but, why is the polling in negative form (what features are you opposed to)?
I know very little about most of the features in the list, so I do not feel inclined to vote against somebody else's work :/

Aug 13 2018, 7:08 AM · major change, efl: release team, efl (efl-1.22)
zmike added a comment to T7283: Which feature proposals are you opposed to during the next development cycle?.

Core developers is imo anyone who is significantly active in the project, not necessarily limted to committers.

Aug 13 2018, 6:52 AM · major change, efl: release team, efl (efl-1.22)
segfaultxavi added a comment to T7283: Which feature proposals are you opposed to during the next development cycle?.

Who is supposed to vote? In T7169 (bullet point 2) it is said that only core developers vote. Does that mean committers , probies, or who?

Aug 13 2018, 5:55 AM · major change, efl: release team, efl (efl-1.22)
netstar raised the priority of T7283: Which feature proposals are you opposed to during the next development cycle? from High to Showstopper Issues.
Aug 13 2018, 5:08 AM · major change, efl: release team, efl (efl-1.22)
netstar added a project to T7283: Which feature proposals are you opposed to during the next development cycle?: major change.
Aug 13 2018, 5:08 AM · major change, efl: release team, efl (efl-1.22)
netstar triaged T7283: Which feature proposals are you opposed to during the next development cycle? as High priority.
Aug 13 2018, 5:01 AM · major change, efl: release team, efl (efl-1.22)

Jul 31 2018

Hermet added a member for efl: release team: Hermet.
Jul 31 2018, 10:25 PM
netstar added a member for efl: release team: netstar.
Jul 31 2018, 12:48 AM

Jul 30 2018

zmike added a member for efl: release team: zmike.
Jul 30 2018, 2:52 PM

Jul 19 2018

zmike added a comment to T7169: Create release plan.

Adjusted version of the proposal that I sent to the mailing list:

Jul 19 2018, 2:27 PM · efl: release team, efl (efl-1.22)
zmike triaged T7169: Create release plan as Showstopper Issues priority.
Jul 19 2018, 2:25 PM · efl: release team, efl (efl-1.22)
zmike changed the visibility for efl: release team.
Jul 19 2018, 2:18 PM