This page is for contributors and patch reviewers.
Please refer this page when you make or review patches.
- Remove all build warnings.
- preferred build option: -W -Wall -Wextra -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wno-missing-field-initializers
- No API/ABI break after a release.
- A new API needs to come with unit tests covering it
- Regression test.
- Working features should work after the new patch.
- Use Arcanist and Review | Submission for patch upload.
- Keep it clean and small.
- Separate your patches for each feature.
- Separate formatting fix patch from other changes.
- Since efl/elementary 1.9, you do not need to manually update NEWS and ChangeLog files. Stefan will do this when he does a next release cycle. Refer the following ilnk.
- Last but not least, please do a self review before submitting a patch.
- Formatting, Coding Convention
- Add 'const' to getters if you will not change the return object/value.
- ex) EAPI Eina_Bool elm_genlist_item_flip_get(const Elm_Object_Item *it);
- Test your code.
- Test your code with some new/existing samples.
- Add sample code.
- Add sample code to the patch. In case of elementary, add your new feature sample into elementary_test (src/bin).
- No #ifdef APIs in the header.
- API addition: DO NOT FORGET to add @since in the doc for the version from which this API is available, to update !ChangeLog and NEWS files. The version must be of the form major_version.minor_version, no micro version.
- We do not require or encourage allocation failure checks of allocations of small (open to interpretation) chunks of memory.
- Remove default properties from edc
- mouse_events: 1
- rel1.relative: 0 0
- rel2.relative: 1 1